Thursday, May 18, 2006

Let me say this: I am, without any doubt, not a cat person. Never have been, never will be. Don't want one, can't stand an animal that shows no respect or obedience.

We now have a cat. 5 days and counting. Abandoned, cold, half its body weight, curled up in the back of the "dog kennel" on Mother's Day. Adopted us it seems. As I have said to many, it is not a cat! It is an animal in need of help!!

"Angus" needs to survive another 3 days without being claimed for him to become legally ours. One vet bill, cat odour in the kitchen, and a tugging on my emotions already tell me that he is mine.

So the message on my mobile from a lady down the road who called in at the vet and heard about our find scares me. "She thinks we have her cat". I don't want to call Kel and tell her whilst I am away. Back tomorrow night which means we only have to stall the owner for a day and a half and we have legal ownership!!

The cat, "Angus", the animal in need of help has taught me a lot in 5 days. Most of all it seems that some things in life are more important than others. Angus, your season with us may be over, but you will leave a legacy.

My boarding call is about to sound and I shall pass the message home as I walk to the boarding gate. A day in Sydney will drag contemplating the absence of our newest family member upon my return.

No comments: