Sunday, May 07, 2006

I am sitting in the airport awaiting my boarding call, prepared for a home coming after a five day absence. My dog will come to the window as the driver delivers me to the front path. I will attempt to hurry with my baggage train up to the front door as the wet weather welcomes me with a reason to seek a hot shower. My loving hound will want to jump up on my leg as I juggle two suitcases, a laptop and my keys through the hallway. Upon opening the door to the living area my wife will arise from in front of the fire where she has been reading, sewing or pining for her beloved.

...if I make it home.

We have changed to an ealier flight due to an early finish today. Immediate thought - will I be watching the news tonight, in shock at the story about the flight that I should have been on, or will my wife be watching a story about my new flight, unaware that I won't be arriving as originally planned.

No logic or foundation truth behind these thoughts - maybe just a prompt to head back to the Qantas Club bar for a beer to bring me back to the reality that nothing will happen!

No comments: