Thursday, September 25, 2003

Processing and Stimulation

Apparently I exhibit balanced hemispheric dominance and a strong visual preference - or so the survey says!

It is the intensity of my sensory preference which may more determine my learning style.

I absorb my environmnet, selecting out details and simultaneously embedding them in a context, an overall perspective which adds nuances of meaning. Given the prodigious rate that I input information, I naturally utilise the services of both hemispheres more or less equally.

I am active and searching, which produces energy. Because I can process multiple inputs comfortably, I do not experience the indecisions of a person with mixed sensory preference. I am able to focus on more than one aspect of a situation and push for resolution.

I can tolerate ambiguity, which is good since I will experience a lot of it due to my input style. While a part of me will always seek completion, the other part will accept the process as it is. I may occasionally get impatient with myself. I will always be able to work through problems in a logical sequence or given order, but I will have other options avialable to me as well.

I may find that I have insufficient time to reflect on my experiences and thus lose a sense of meaning, not appreciating my "inner being" as much as I might otherwise.

Many people would envy my combination of characteristics. Constantly seeking stimulation, I am artistic without needing to be "odd", an active learner and yet reasonably logical and disciplined.

Hmmmmmmmmm! - Thanks Steve, you have given me something to think about.

No comments: