Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Cold noodles again

I sit at my desk, glorious (is that a culinary term) beef mustard curry
reheated from last night for lunch. I reflect on yesterday's lunch
experience, so eloquently drafted for posting and committed to the ether
junkyard by a system reboot overnight!!!

As I recall, my expectation of a steaming hot bowl of noodles was based
upon the supposition that the brew room microwave would perform to
expectation. However the rude shock of having a lump of cold, slimy noodles
enter my mouth instead of the olfactory anticipation being met was too
much.

It prompted a great philosophical linkage to those situations in life where
my "bowl of noodles" turns out to be cold or slimy or just yuck! The
difference with real life situations is that no quick trip back into the
brew room is usually available to zap the offending circumstance.

God serves up cold noodles as he sees fit. I just need to learn to go
hungry or eat them as my hunger overrides circumstance.

Maybe cold noodles are good for me and my tastes need to change!!

==========

Speaking of cold noodles, tonight Kel and I say goodbye to our best
friends. They are moving back to Detroit after three years down under. It
will be a hard farewell to make.

No comments: